King House: Program Housing
At the intersection of Hope and Benevolent Street, King House is right opposite Orwig Music Library.
“The experience of living in a real house is just so cozy after dorm life.”
If you’re in King House, you’re in one of the snuggest places on campus.
Closest dining hall: Jo’s
Distance from Ratty: seven minutes
Room number: 103
Number of rooms: around 30
- Estimated average size of doubles and singles: pretty variable—has the smallest and largest single on campus
- Kitchen: 100 square feet
- Bathrooms: 100 square feet
- Two per floor
- Common room and lounge:
- 200 square feet
Furniture included (varies between rooms):
- Standard dorm room furniture
- Storage: Cupboards with mirrors, closets
- Located near off-campus housing
- Variability between rooms: ability to choose
- Many electrical outlets
- Some rooms have roof access
- Heating is too strong in some rooms and too cold in others
- No elevator access
- Noisy on first floor
Cannot be won via house lottery—program housing only.
Conclusion: This is a pretty cozy spot, occupied by the literary fraternity, St. Anthony’s Hall.