a top pick
Located on Thayer Street in Vartan Gregorian Quad (and most importantly right next to Jo’s), Vartan Gregorian A & B are coveted picks for those lucky in the lottery. Built 30 years ago and aptly referred to as “New Dorm,” Vartan Gregorian A & B are Brown’s most recently built housing units. New Dorm offers doubles, some singles, and spacious suites.
Closest Dining Hall: Jo’s
Distance From the Ratty: five minutes
Types of rooms: Between A & B there are a plethora of options ranging from doubles to suites to singles.
Estimated average size of singles in suites: 113-115 sq. ft.
Estimated average size of common rooms: 312 sq. ft.
Estimated average size of doubles: 350 sq. ft.
Bathrooms (communal): 308 sq. ft.
Furniture included :
- Standard dorm room furniture
- Storage: personal closets, dressers, mini bookshelf
- Located right next to Jo’s, East Side Mini Mart, and Bagel Gourmet
- Lots of natural light!
- Spacious rooms
- Elevator access
- Well connected by the Brown Shuttles
- Somewhat far from classes
- Can get loud, especially during weekends
- Many suites may not have personal bathrooms
How likely are you to get it? Luck must be on your side. You’d need to be somewhere at the top of the list.
Conclusion: Start racking up the good karma, you need the luck!
photos taken by Andy Knoblock