Pia Mileaf-Patel

Taco Story

the least romantic date in providence

la poblanita, a taco restaurant in the back of a supermarket

On the one hand, we in Generation Z are often thought of as activists—the outspoken salvation for millennials, who ruined the planet with avocado toast and Instagram “hot dogs or legs” photos. Yet our elders still pity us for our supposed ineptitude when it comes to relationships, platonic or otherwise; apparently, we’re too busy scrolling…

sunandmoon

tofu time

reviewing sun & moon korean restaurant

I grew up blocks away from Koreatown in New York, so for me, soon tofu, a soft tofu stew with kimchi and usually pork, is as comforting as my mom’s chicken soup. She’d usually make chicken soup when my brother and I were sick, but in a pinch, this was her go-to. Out of all…

Chengdu_Taste_Article_Katya

that chengdu feeling

providence’s chinatown is in pawtucket

If you are in Providence and haven’t made the light trek to Chengdu Taste, you should tonight. Somebody must know somebody with a car. Or I can drive you in my hot new sports car: my grandparents’ Subaru. Except for the poke place and the ramen shop that specialize in just one thing, College Hill…

BucktownIllustration

fried chicken in the snow

a tasty delivery option for the end of winter

Where else but Providence does it snow in April? And then hail in April. And then rain all week. And then snow again. But where else can you get food from one of Bon Appetit’s Best New Restaurants of 2017 delivered right to your door? And at a reasonable price, too. Providence, it turns out,…

shrimpy medicine

losing yourself in a cambodian secret recipe

***Disclaimer*** According to Yelp, Angkor Restaurant does not accept Bitcoin, as of the date of publication. You are in Providence, Rhode Island. You are at Fox Point. There are a lot of coffee shops over here (see Vol 21, Issue 1’s “Browntown Beans and Brews”). It’s pretty cold, or maybe not at all. In fact,…