• Pia Mileaf-Patel

burrito bonanza

tailor shop luncheonette is serving up smiles

March 15, 2019

Looking for a breakfast burrito in Providence? Or simply a cool new place to eat good food? Word has it that the Tailor Shop Luncheonette, open during the week for lunch and earlier on weekends for “brunchy stuff” (their term), doles out some of the most creative breakfast burritos in Providence. I headed there with […]

the least romantic date in providence

la poblanita, a taco restaurant in the back of a supermarket

February 8, 2019

On the one hand, we in Generation Z are often thought of as activists—the outspoken salvation for millennials, who ruined the planet with avocado toast and Instagram “hot dogs or legs” photos. Yet our elders still pity us for our supposed ineptitude when it comes to relationships, platonic or otherwise; apparently, we’re too busy scrolling […]

tofu time

reviewing sun & moon korean restaurant

October 17, 2018

I grew up blocks away from Koreatown in New York, so for me, soon tofu, a soft tofu stew with kimchi and usually pork, is as comforting as my mom’s chicken soup. She’d usually make chicken soup when my brother and I were sick, but in a pinch, this was her go-to. Out of all […]

that chengdu feeling

providence’s chinatown is in pawtucket

September 27, 2018

If you are in Providence and haven’t made the light trek to Chengdu Taste, you should tonight. Somebody must know somebody with a car. Or I can drive you in my hot new sports car: my grandparents’ Subaru. Except for the poke place and the ramen shop that specialize in just one thing, College Hill […]

fried chicken in the snow

a tasty delivery option for the end of winter

April 26, 2018

Where else but Providence does it snow in April? And then hail in April. And then rain all week. And then snow again. But where else can you get food from one of Bon Appetit’s Best New Restaurants of 2017 delivered right to your door? And at a reasonable price, too. Providence, it turns out, […]