katya labowe-stoll

Grace Wilkins article

a life fraught with living

a poem

In those rare minutes of true silence I sit and wonder why the good times seem to worsen all bad and battered things that follow in their wake Oh tell me you have felt that extra-bitter truth of losing love having known its sweetness Tell me, you too have torn the fruit tree limb from…

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 1.19.21 AM

slice of heaven

crepes and friends

“Are you kidding me? It’s like a pocket full of goodness.” We are bent over four Nutella crepes, tucked inside the best hidden place in all of Providence: La Creperie on Fones Alley. Over the past few weeks, we have made our way through all of the Brown University staples, including Baja’s, Bagel Gourmet, and…

Julian Towers Article

power to the people

fifty years of the beatles’ white album

Let’s talk about that cover. Or, to focus the issue, let’s see how long we can talk about it. White background, black text, “The Beatles,”—that’s all we’re given to work with. Context is everything. So, placed in proper aesthetic sequence, following the detailed, pop-art explosions of the Revolver and Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band…

strawberry generation

strawberry generation makes music

sweet tunes with “millennial snowflakes”

Two years ago, I remember going to the Underground for an event. How the event went and what friend I went with and what things I saw there, I can’t remember. But what I do remember is what I heard, from two people and a ukulele. Little did I know that I was witnessing the…

tc copy

far from home

changing perspectives of morgan (vt) and providence (ri)

I. The car jerks in the transition from smooth asphalt to unpredictable dirt and rock, bumping the suitcases within. The road narrows, and a soft click turns on the brights, illuminating the canopy of countless maple and birch lining Wayesses Shore Road. Behind the reach of the car’s lights, there is a darkness so complete…